Pediatrics/Rib Cage problem in 6 month child

Hello sir how are you.........i am very concerned about my 6 month old son..My baby boys rib cage is sticking out slightly more on one side than on the other, its left side is more prominent(outwards) than right side...... is this normal? kindly guide us why is much this is serious and what should we do........
Thanks sir.........we are waiting for your answer.........

Hi, M.,

I am fine, thank you!
It is fairly common to have a degree of asymmetry in many body parts, including the chest wall.  I suspect this is fine, but if this appears really abnormal to your doctor, a simple, safe chest XRay, concentrating on the ribs, would be reasonable.  Most of the time things are fine.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.