Pediatrics/Vomiting loose motions gas trouble Legs pain

Question
QUESTION: Dear Doctor,

Mr. Daughter is 5 Will be 5 YRs on 1st sept 2014. She offen complaints abount stomach pain and then she has loose motions with very bad smell. 3 to 4 times in day also with vomiting even if she drinks water she vomits. Like this situation she faced many times in past 3 months. Also at night always she complaints about her legs are paining.

We Stay in Kuwait.

Please suggest me what i can do.

Thank you Sakina Cyclewala
Kuwait

ANSWER: Dear Ms. Sakina,

Your daughter may have caught either bacteria or amoeba from contaminated water or food. You should give her an antibiotic and an anti-amoebic agent first. It may be a good idea to get her stool examined for evidence of infection. Check her out for worms too. If any of these things are positive, she will need appropriate treatment from a Paediatrician.

The second possibility is that all these problems could also occur from indigestion. Again, a stool exam will be very useful.

Dr. Taher

QUESTION: Dear Doctor,
Thank you for the reply and advice appreciated. I took my daughter to the doctor here she gave One Antibiotic , one syrup for abdominal pain 4 ml every 8 hrs. Now she is better then before.

Also i want to know her legs pain a lot When i told this to the doctor here she told me that this pain of legs is a growth pain when children are growing their bones stretch so it pains IS it True? What do you advice Doc.

What Food should i avoid for my daughter as she faces this problem for gas vomiting and loose motions time and again.

Regards
Sakina

Answer
Dear Ms. Sakina,

Your dr. is right about the leg pains. You may give her paracetamol whenever the pain is more.

About her diet, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. As a mom you can experiment with different combos and see.

Dr. Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala