Pediatrics/baby's poop

Question
Hi my baby's passing
Potty in green colour sumtimes mucous  and sometimes with granules.now he is 6 months old.i hav alresy cosulted doc ,,before 2months..he said that it is not a problem if there is intake of solid food then the colour wil change.as he said it was changed.but since a week he is doing green coloured sometimes mucous potty.
but actually when he was in his second month same problem arised.but toooo much mucouin potty .doc tested and said bacterial infection and reducing substance +1.and prescribed enterogermina and bifilac sachets.for a week.but he was still doing same thing.again i hav been to doc.but he said no problem.and i changed d doc them this doc. Said ..regarding intake of solid food.
plzz lemme know what would be the reasons for this.y is he doing again since week after introducing solid food.im giving ma baby cerelac from his 5th month.
plzz let me know"

Answer
Hi Bhagya,

Such type of stools are of NO SIGNIFICANCE and you need not worry/ no need of any tests and no need of any treatment for this.

For complementary feeding, home cooked food (dal, rice gruel: khichari, suji, mashed fruits etc. is better than things like Cerelac.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar