Pediatrics/Various

Question
For the last few weeks my left shoulder has felt sore and lacks range of motion. I am not sure if I just bruised myself repeatedly by sleeping on it funny or can someone dislocate their arm without realizing it?

How common is allergy to sunflower seeds? I stopped eating them and my symptoms  of prostatitis have improved.

I am 33 and male.

Answer
Hi, James,

I am a pediatrician.  I see people less than 20.

It would really be impossible to dislocate your shoulder without an obvious injury.

To relate symptoms of prostatitis, and I'm not really sure what they would be at your age, to sunflower seeds, is a stretch.  If the symptoms are gone, it might be reasonable to start sunflower seeds again and see what happens.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD