My daughter is 2.5. She appears to have no clitoris or hood, and her labia minora are super tiny, barely there at all. I am wondering if this is within normal, or should I be concerned and having her checked out for some inherited disorder.

Hi, Cynthia,

Genitalia varies widely and there is a great range of normal.  I would make sure that she has been seen consistently by a good pediatrician and especially at the next visit, have someone look specifically to address your concerns.  This is probably normal.

Good luck, and sorry I can't be of more help to you.  This is a visual diagnostic problem.  Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.