Pediatrics/High platelates count

I am 25 years old. While doing the routine checkup my blood test platelate count found 16lacs..From last two years I had this problem. doctor adviced me to take ecosprin tablate for 2 years but there is no improvement in platelate count.Due do this my family members & i decided to change the doctor i went to BSES hospital there doctor has done blood test, bone marrow test. then these report had sent to the KEM hospital for Cancer analysis.Meantime doctor adviced me to take Hydroxeurea (hydrea) tablate to decrese the platelate count.Reports from KEM hospital is normal it has come negative..after taking the hydread my platelates are coming to normal.. but whenever i don't take the tablates it's incresing.. doctor told me that it's not harmefull.. I have to take care while pregnancy.. But i don't understand why my platelates count is incrasing?? & in future this can cause a cancer???

it is a kind of problem in bone where platelets are produced in excess... hydroxyuyreas do act at the same point.
as the problem seems to be permanent, it may be likely that you may need to take the treatment for years, at least once in three months after platelet check.
why this happens is a matter of research, some times some people have or develop excess blood cell producing tumiors, cancer like changes in bone marrow. this si just an example and if needed you need repeat bone amrrow studies.
for time being, apart from treatment by your doctor, you may need excess water intake .. and your doctors may search for newer drugs.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.