Pediatrics/regarding head control

my baby girl is of 5.5 months she stil cant control her head.. she try to control her head when she lying on her tummy she moves her neck left rite with down neck with support of bed. I have consulted with ped. She told me that some babies have heavy neck mucsels they take time to control their head she wil control by 7 months.. but m worried abt her.. becoz at the same age of my cusn's son start sit without support.. he is vry active but she most of the tym cry.. in evening she cry alot until she sleeps.. she even give not much response to our smile.. sometimes smile in reply of our talks bt sometimes dnt even make much eye contact my mother in law's frnd told us she wil not start much reply until she sits..

Usually full neck control is achieved by five months. Was she a preterm baby? In that vase her development may be delayed. If not and she is is not making eye to eye contact and smiling she needs developmental assessment. You also need to get her eyes examined.  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and