Pediatrics/weight

Question
QUESTION: Hello sir ,
         My son is 3.4 yrs n his weight is13 kgs he looks very thin wat can i do for it....is he underweight. .?

He eats very less n he is  too active use to run all d time....

ANSWER: Hi Aditi,

Minimum "normal" weight at this age is 11.7 kg. Your son's weight is within normal range; he is NOT underweight. He should be gaining at least 2 kg in 12 months. Please remain in touch with a good pediatrician in your area for keeping an eye on his growth and development.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

QUESTION: Hello sir ,

I have to travel a lot all over india so my pediatricians are temporary, sumtimes i m in very small town..so hw can I keep eye on my kid's growth..

Answer
Hi Aditi,

You are lucky, as you have experience of so many pediatricians..you can really spot a good one whenever you are posted at a new location.

Regarding growth, you should have a growth chart (ask for it from your current pediatrician, in case you have not) and keep plotting weight and height. It is a wonderful and most scientific way of keeping an eye on growth.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com  

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar