Pediatrics/regarding delay development of baby

Question
hi
Sir my baby is 6.5 months old still no head control and no reply much by smile we have doctor's appointment he told us to chk thyroid of baby girl first.. Plz tel me is thyroid can b the reason of delay development.?

Answer
Hi, preeti,

Low thyroid is checked at birth in the USA.  I'm not sure about other countries.  Certainly low thyroid is one of many things that can cause these symptoms.  Have this checked and have the doctor do a very thorough prenatal, birth and family history to see why her development is delayed.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD