Pediatrics/regarding delay development of baby

Sir my baby is 6.5 months old still no head control and no reply much by smile we have doctor's appointment he told us to chk thyroid of baby girl first.. Plz tel me is thyroid can b the reason of delay development.?

Hi, preeti,

Low thyroid is checked at birth in the USA.  I'm not sure about other countries.  Certainly low thyroid is one of many things that can cause these symptoms.  Have this checked and have the doctor do a very thorough prenatal, birth and family history to see why her development is delayed.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.