Pediatrics/mucus spit up in new borns

My 2 month old seems to be choking on mucus only. The dr said it was reflux but she only chokes on mucus and not the formula and it happens about 2 to 3 hrs after feeding.. It lasts about 15 to 25 mins and i have ro take her to the ER to have it suctioned out. It is also not a cold becuz she does not havr coughing or a runny nose.

Hi, giselle.

Please be sure your doctor is considering that she is young, and could conceivably have some congenital abnormality of the esophagus.  This may require an imaging study to rule this out.  Also, if this is reflux to the point of being seen in an ER, request that either some treatment  be started or this is evaluated further.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.