Pediatrics/1 year baby one leg slightly fatter than other

My baby is 1 year old and we just observed one of his leg is slightly fatter than other?Is there anything worried about please suggest?

Hi, hari,

One leg can normally be slightly bigger than the other, but it is impossible for me to reassure you unless I take a look and do a good exam.  Your pediatrician should be able to do this and tell you if this is within the range of normal.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.