i am trying to transition from similac alimentum formula tyo a milk-based one. i am interested in going organic. i have just tried baby's only dairy based formula that does not contain DHA & ARA? my son is 6 months old. should i continue to use this formula? i thought about either continuing it, adding DHA fish oil to each bottle, or just going with earth best formula that does contain DHA & ARA.

Hi, lissette, (what a pretty name!),

I am a bit skeptical regarding the overwhelming benefits of a DHA/ARA formula vs one without.  The organic or not to me is an issue that you decide based on your general beliefs regarding this sort of thing. If we assume that these additives are helpful in infant development, and maybe they are, then I would go with the Earth Best.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.