Pediatrics/Im writing an Essay and was Interested in you

Question
If it's fine I would just like to ask you some questions for my paper ..
- Place of employment?
- How long have you been employed there?
- Whats the education that qualifies you to be a pediatrician? ( what 4 year college you go to, medical school?, & how long it take for med school?)
- What do you enjoy most about your job? least?
- What specific procedures if any, did you have to go through to become a Pediatrician?
- If you were given the opportunity to choose another career over becoming what you are today, would you? why or why not?

Answer
I work in Cardiff, Wales.
Have been a consultant in Cardiff since 1995.
I did 6 years at Uni/med school and 8 years postgrad training.
Best part is looking after patients.
No specific procedures. I am qualified as a general paediatrician and a paediatric nephrologist.
It is pretty awful working in the NHS system and I am glad neither of my children are going to be doctors. I would not recommend a career in medicine in the UK. Poor training; poor work environment; not valued by employers; little job satisfaction. Do not know what I would be if not a doctor as am a bit old now. My son is studying mathematics and I think that is a degree which offers lots of opportunities.  

Pediatrics

Dr Graham Smith