I live in a one room apartment with my wife and five months old daughter.  When my wife watches Television, my daughter also stares at the TV. I just want to know, if it is harmful for my daughter’s health and growth.  Please guide.

Hi, Amit,

It is potentially harmful for her development if she spends long hours in front of a TV, more than an hour a day, at this age.  It doesn't hurt her vision, the sound doesn't hurt her ears, but it is a poor substitute for human interaction.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.