Pediatrics/Salt crystals

My son is 3 and we started noticing this issue last year. Yes always been a sweaty kid but now when he plays outside (even when it's only in the 80s) we often find salt crystals dried in his hair, temples, neck, cheeks, Ect. I will try to attach a picture. I'd appreciate any opinions of possibilities. Our 2 other children have ever done this and I've never seen it on anyone but marathon runners.

Hi, Alyssa,

Apparently he sweats a lot, and the amount of sweating between kids is quite variable.  As he gets older, you might find this excess sweating, hyperhidrosis, is bothering him enough to perhaps do something to lessen it.  At this time, if he is healthy, I wouldn't do anything.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.