Pediatrics/Salt crystals

Question
Salt
Salt  
My son is 3 and we started noticing this issue last year. Yes always been a sweaty kid but now when he plays outside (even when it's only in the 80s) we often find salt crystals dried in his hair, temples, neck, cheeks, Ect. I will try to attach a picture. I'd appreciate any opinions of possibilities. Our 2 other children have ever done this and I've never seen it on anyone but marathon runners.

Answer
Hi, Alyssa,

Apparently he sweats a lot, and the amount of sweating between kids is quite variable.  As he gets older, you might find this excess sweating, hyperhidrosis, is bothering him enough to perhaps do something to lessen it.  At this time, if he is healthy, I wouldn't do anything.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD