Pediatrics/Cough in child

Question
Backof syrup
Backof syrup  
My son is 3 yes and 11 kg weight. He is having regular cough problem meaning once in a month. He started coughing after crying or playing vigorously and continues till 5 to 10 minutes. Doctor assured as he don't have any chest congestion,fluid,pneumonia etc.now the climate changed he again started cough.doctor gives some cough syrup.photo attached,but cough still exists in morning time and in night also..kindly advice me..thank you...

Answer
It is quite common for young children to get cough and cold frequently. As they grow older the frequency comes down., Make sure he gets vegetables and fruits daily. Give him nuts and honey occasionally.Minimize consumption of chocolates, soft drinks and ready to eat snacks which contain artificial flavors. If cough does not subside within two weeks you need to take the child again to the doctor.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri