Pediatrics/firmness of testicles

Question
QUESTION: Sir my son is 4 yrs and 7 months old. Recently I noticed that his left testicle is much hard when touched  the other one gives a normal flacid feel when touched. Please advice me whether it's a normal phenomena or not. His growth chart is on the lower line. His activities are ok

ANSWER: Hi Jomesh,

It needs to be examined to find out. Both testicles should feel the same.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

www.KumarChildClinic.com

QUESTION: Sir I have done USG OF TESTICLE  the report says
Right testis is normal in size and echo texture .rt epididymis  is normal.
small vein are seen in spermatic cord however size is less than 2mm.
Left testis mmeasures 1.2x0.6. Cm .A large (2.2x1.8cm ) extra testicular space occupying lesion is seen in left scrotum . the lesion is displacing the testis. Patchy hyperechoic areas are seen with the lesion. On color Doppler study, the lesion shows mild increased blood supply.
IMPRESSION
Large left extra testicular space occupying lesion as described.
FNAC /  MRI is necessary for further evaluation.
Sir please advice me .

Answer
Hi Jomesh,

It seems that the flaccid structure that you were feeling is not testis but something else: And that needs to be seen by your doctor.

Good physical examination by your doctor is more important/ useful than undergoing further tests. Please get yourself examined first.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar