Pediatrics/Frequent nature calls

Hi Mr. Olson,
   My baby is 7weeks old, weight :4.7kgs exclusively on breastfeeding. The concern is that she:
1) vomits a lot, like about 3-4times between every feed, though she burps. She is fed approximately twice in 3hrs
2) poos a lot, atleast 3times in 2 hrs
3) pees frequently

Hi, Priya,

If she is growing consistently, is healthy, is not vomiting and feeling after real fussy and irritable, she is probably a happy spitter.  Breast fed babies can pee many times a day and stool frequency can vary from 8-10 times a day to one every 5-7 days.  Check with her doctor, but sounds healthy to me.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.