Hello my 13month old has red itchy bumps all over her body, head,face,front,back,private areas, legs. She also has some kind of reddish markings on the bottom of her foot. If you can help in any way with some knowledge of what this may be thank you

Hi, Jen,

I find that pictures, even the best I have seen from patients, do not tell me much.  If she is sick and having a fever, see your doctor.  If the rash seems itchy, try some light 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a couple days.  Rashes have to be taken in context with recent history, foods, infections and many other things.  Most will go away with time and aren't serious.  See your doctor if she gets sick or if the rash persists or changes.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.