Pediatrics/Required help Regarding vaccine of my son

At birth, I have given BCG, OPV & Hep B.
At six week I have given OPV, IPV (Polprotec), ROTAVAC, COMVAC5, Prevneer13.
Now, I have transfer to different place. Here I have talk with doctor & he advised to give OPV, ROTATEQ, QUADROVAX & Prevneer 13.With out IPV. As IPV is not available with him.

Please let me know, if there any problem to change the vaccine brand / manufacturer. (I mean, ROTAVAC to ROTATEQ & COMVAC 4 to QUADROVAX)..

Also, I am not getting IPV for 2nd dose. will It give any difficulty in future ?

Please advise, What should i do ?

Hi Mr. Mukherjee,

There is no problem in changing Comvac 4 to Quadrovax.

Ideally, If first dose of Rotavac was given, the remaining doses should also be Rotavac. Insist on the same. If not available with this doctor, get it done from another doctor. If however, Rotavac is not available anywhere in your area, then go for Rotateq.

As far as IPV is concerned, currently there is shortage of IPV all over India. Try to get it from another doctor: some doctor might be having some doses. In case it is not available, get it done as soon as it becomes available (Remain in touch with your doctor regarding the same.

Please feel free to ask for any further clarification.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

+91-9818356846, +91-11-45535647

Dr. Puneet Kumar

I would be happy to answer general queries on prevention and treatment of ailments in newborn, infant, toddler, child or an adolescent. Needless to say, it will not be possible to answer any query requiring specific diagnosis of a particular subject.

I have worked in various capacities (medical officer, resident, senior resident, consultant) in public as well as private sector in Pediatrics and Neonatology. Today, I have over 15 years of experience in the field.

Currently, I am running my own clinic (Kumar Child Clinic) in Dwarka, New Delhi and am attached to Lifeline Hospital, Dwarka as consultant pediatrics and neonatology. I am also developing my clinic website into a comprehensive child health/ parenting website (

(a) Chapter "National Immunization Schedule" in Frontiers of Social Pediatrics, Jaypee Publishers: 2nd edition, 2016. (b) Article, "All about Pertussis vaccines" in special issue of Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, October 2015 (c) Three chapters (DTP vaccines, Pneumococcal vaccines and Poliovirus vaccines) in "Textbook of Pediatrics for Post-graduates" First edition: 2015. (c) Chapter: "Alternative delivery methods of vaccines" in IAP textbook of Vaccines, First edition, 2014 (published by IAP/ Jaypee Brothers) (d) Special Article: "50 years of Immunization in India: Progress and Future" in January 2013 issue of Indian Pediatrics (e) Four chapters in "FAQ: Book on Vaccines and Immunization Practices" First edition, 2011 AND 2nd edition, 2015 published by Jaypee Brothers. (f) Three articles in special issue of Journal of Pediatric Sciences on “Controversies and Challenges in Pediatric Vaccination Today" in Sept, 2010. Co-edited the series also. (f) Regular column, “How do I treat” in Pediascene ( (g) Review article, “Role of Anti-Poliovirus Agents in Polio eradication and beyond” in Polio Pulse, April, 2008. (h) Chapter on “Acute Infectious Diarrhea” in Textbook of Infectious Diseases in Children. (An IAP Publication), 2007. 2nd edition in 2011. (i) Book-Review (IAP Pediatric Drug Formulary, 2004) in Pediascene, March 2005 ( ) (j) Case-report on Osteopetrosis. Jharkhand Journal of Pediatrics, Dec-2002.

After MBBS, I have done DNB residency in Pediatrics.

Winner of IAP practising pediatrician's quiz in 2001.