Pediatrics/My sons allergic reaction???

y son has lots of small skin colored bumps all the sudden. Spreading down his arm and legs from his torso, which is covered. There are red blotches as well. Also, he just a day ago went through server diarreah and vomiting... Do you know what this might be?

Hi, Kayla B,

Hard to say.  A lot of kids with a viral illness, and this is what it sounds like, have a rash, a "viral exanthem". They are pretty kid specific and usually go away with the virus.  If in doubt or if he gets sicker, see your doctor.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.