Pediatrics/My daughters health

Can my daughters have a hiv test as she is two years old and can she have sexual tests at her age

Hi, Chloe,

Kids can have HIV and tests for sexually transmitted diseases at about any age.  At two, the results will be very accurate and valid.  If you feel someone has been sexually abusing her, then this needs to be addressed legally.  If you feel she has contracted something from you, then you need to be tested. Get a good pediatrician involved in this, please.

Good luck, Dr. Olson  

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.