Dear doctor,
Can you please tell me whether consumption of honey is harmful or beneficial or harmful for the children.

Hi, MD.Z,

Honey in kids under a year of age is linked to infant botulism and in the USA, we recommend none until 1 year.  It is a sugar, like any other, and should be used in moderation.  Some people claim eating honey from the area in which you lives activates the immune system, but lots of debate regarding this.

Good luck Dr Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.