Pediatrics/Vaccines for extended family (grandparents etc.)

Question
My wife and I will be having a baby in January and were told that we should have extended family (grandparents etc.) get flu and Tdap vaccines in order to see the newborn. My parents are refusing; should we deny them from seeing their grandchild. Or should it be ok if they stay in a hotel and not in the house with the newborn? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
It is difficult for me to  answer this question. The decision depends on the local  risk factors. Usually newborn babies receive anti bodies to all infections common in that locality and are protected. There may be some reason for this recommendation. It is better to consult a Pediatrician in your locality.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri