Pediatrics/Fever Ear Infection Nose Block

Your question was

"Baby's age - 6 months 28 days, weight 6.990

Monday night - She didnt sleep properly. Was bit cranky. had slight temperature.  Thought it is normal

Tuesday afternoon - She was tired. Had temperature. Gave one ml of Calpol.had passed normal motion 5 to 6 times. but later it became watery stools.

Tuesday night - Temperature varied between 99 and 102. As it was night time gave her again Calpol (1 ml). She was crying continously.

Wednesday Morning - Took her to doctor. Doctor prescribed P-125 (Paracetamol - 5ml if syrup and 4 ml if drops/ 3 times a day), Nasivion 0.01% and Trustcof-CS (Dextromethorphan & Chlorpheniramine Syrup (1ml twice a day) and Bifilac (0.5 g in 2.5ml of warm water). Doctor said she has ear infection, nose block and he said no need of antibiotics. Its a common cold. She should be alright soon.

The fever was one and off. It was not continous but she became far better than tuesday night. After giving the medicine her mucous started coming out in green colour and there were small-small white colured thing in her stools.

Thursday - She was kind of ok but looks like she had nose block and ear infection. yesterday night she had slight temperature. Showed (98.7 and 99.1). Her head alone has slight tmperature and body had slight temp. but her hands and legs were normal.

Friday morning - She still has cold. Slight temperature on head alone.

Tuesday - No fever but cough is there. Should I have to continue with the cough syrup? Stools are still green in colour and frequent (5 to 6 times). Giving Bifilac for that. Doc has prescribed ORS for energy. Should I have to continue the cold syrup?

P.S. Started with complementary feed only after she completed 6 month. Giving her banana, Dexolac milk powder (morning and evening), Ragi porridge in the morning, boiled apple in the afternoon. Water at times. Are the above medicines be safe? People say paracetamol spoils liver. and 5 ml should not be given. So sometimes if there is no fever, I give her only 2.5ml. Should I have to change anything?" Completely stopped complementary feed and giving her only breastmilk now. She is cranky at times as I stay in the same room from morning to night. But if I go out she is happy and also plays well with other kids. Can I continue with the complementary feed? Is the green colour poop normal?

many issues best to be answered on whatsap chat get back on 919869405747
do read fever management at
don't take a risk of understanding everything and try managing things at home especially in infants n kids when diseases can progress very rapidly all of sudden and can be life threatening.
whenever little doubt, visit doctor too often.
ear infections are not seen in common cold.
fever lasting 3 days or more often needs blood test.  

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.