Pediatrics/headaches

Question
Hello, my 7 year old daughter has been suffering from headaches. It has been going on for a month,more or less. The headaches started out coming and going quickly, they would be aliviated by motrin. The headaches came with nausea and a low fever of 99.8.  Also, her eyes burn and feels dizzy when they are closed. itchy skin, sore throat and mouth sores too. About four days ago i noticed a mouth sore or abcess because her cheeck was swollen. Since her headaches has gotten more frequent and lasts longer, no medicine seems to help. She was put on Topamax 25mg 1/2 pill at bedtime, no help.The nausea has gotten worse but only present with the headaches. Blood works checked for CBC- CMP- TSH results were normal. The neurologist ordered an MRI that came out normal, except a few lymph nodes a little swollen. She has been referred to an ENT but we are still waiting on an appointment. I am concerned, her headaches has her in the nurse office most of the school day. Any ideas of what could this be? It seems like noone really recognizes the symptoms. Is the lymph nodes a little swollen dangerous? Any feed back please help, this will help me give her doctor some ideas.
Thanks in advance

Answer
You have not mentioned the location of the lymph  nodes. Is there any family history of migraine? If neurological evaluation is normal migraine has to be considered. If ENT examination is okay you may have to consult ophthalmologist also.

You need to take care of her diet also. Does she eat very spicy or sour foods? Make sure she gets plenty of fresh organic fruits and vegetables. Cut down tinned foods.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri