Pediatrics/Problem in ear

Question
Why is it that when there is a constant loud noise, i get a buzzing feeling and sound in my right ear. Maybe related, I've had tinnitus in both ears for a few years. What could this be?

Answer
Hi, Phillip,

You have tinnitus again, a noise, buzzing or otherwise, that is seen spontaneously or sometimes after loud noise exposures.  It can be a sign of a hearing loss.  If you have no pain or dizziness, than you can watch things for a few days.  If this bugs you too much or is getting worse or associated with other symptoms, then have your doctor check you and your ears.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD