Pediatrics/Problem in ear

Why is it that when there is a constant loud noise, i get a buzzing feeling and sound in my right ear. Maybe related, I've had tinnitus in both ears for a few years. What could this be?

Hi, Phillip,

You have tinnitus again, a noise, buzzing or otherwise, that is seen spontaneously or sometimes after loud noise exposures.  It can be a sign of a hearing loss.  If you have no pain or dizziness, than you can watch things for a few days.  If this bugs you too much or is getting worse or associated with other symptoms, then have your doctor check you and your ears.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.