Pediatrics/Right Knee Pain, particularly on stairs

Question
My daughter has been complaining of pain in right knee for the last few days.  She seems to be getting around okay but complains several times a day that it hurts, particularly while on the stairs although she has complained at other times as well.  There is no swelling or redness.  I am just wondering at what point I should take her to her doctor.

Answer
You have not mentioned her age. Did she fall or got injured in some way. In that case the pain should subside. If there is no swelling probably there is nothing serious. Can she bend and straighten her leg fully? This also rules out any serious illness. If the  pain persists for more than a week it is better to seek consultation.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri