Pediatrics/Weight gain and Frequent Cold

Question
Hello Dr.

My 4 year 7 month old boy weigh 14.5 kg height 102cm.

He looks skinny and since he joined preschool (he goes in Van with other kids) he is suffering for cough and cold frequently, I fade up of giving anitibiotic almost every month in rain and winter. In summer he is fine as no school and hot weather, he eats lots of ice-cream in summer nothing happen but as school and rains start he again get cold.

He puts on weight but after medicines again he loose some weight.

Now I am giving him RX Plus multivitamin syrup, 5 ml twice a day and ginger juice + honey + black pepper for appetite boost. Please suggest diet plan to weight gain. Also is it ok to give milk as he gets cough frequently? please guide

Please guide me how to boost his immunity and gain weight.

Thanks a lot,

Answer
this kid needs evaluations for frequent cold.
commonest being adenoids..
. plz get a xray nasopharynx.
also skip milk. as long as milk in diet these issues may recur.
read dr kondekars article in tonsil adenoid at kondekar.com
weight is little low and height is near normal for age.
immunity is decided by weight. weight is decided by
carbohydrate diet.
read www.facebook.com/ChildSpecialistMumbai for weight related articles.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician