Pediatrics/Cir Eosinophils high

Sir, my son's blood test result for Cir Eosinophils is  1,932/, he is 14 months old. would you please advise me, what do i need to do? Thanks.

Hi, Muhammed,

Trying to interpret lab results in the face of no clinical history is challenging and can be misleading.  Generally high eosinophils imply allergy or parasite infection, depending on the symptoms and the part of the world one lives.  I would be happy to comment further, if you can tell me how he is doing and what the reason for the test was.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.