Pediatrics/Granddaughters hair

My 2 1/2yr old granddaughter still does not have hair except for 2 fist size sections od thick dark hair that grow like crazy on a fuzzy blond head. She has has these spots since she was born. What would cause this

Hi, Cheryl,

Without examining her and seeing really what is there, I can't tell you.  At the 2-3 year check, tell your doctor, hopefully pediatrician, that you are concerned and have him/her address this.  If they can't give you a reasonable answer, a dermatologist might be able to.

Sorry I can't be of more help, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.