Pediatrics/Medicines for Swine Flu

Respected Madam,
         Is there any preventive maedicine for swine flu.Whether the swine flu vaccine is effective and whether after taking this vaccine the child has to keep himself confined at home for a considerable no of days.
         With thanks

There is no  preventive medicine for swine  flu. Avoid contact with people suffering from fever as far as possible Vaccine is not 100 percent effective. It is better not to worry too much. First priority should be given to strengthening the natural immunity of the body with proper diet, exercises and exposure to good vibrations like classical music.

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and