Pediatrics/Child eating disorder?

Question
Hello,
My grand-daughter is 5 years old and for the last 2 years will eat nothing but bread and Parmesan cheese. She will be hungry and for dinner she will sit with the family and eat, dry bread, rolls and dry Parmeson in a bowl with a spoon.
I ask her why she will not try any foods that are offered to her and she says because when she ate a hamburger, she threw up. Her father tried again at another point to have her eat a hamburger but, she did not want to. He got stern with her and she ate part of it, then threw up, again.
The family has tried everything, including rewarding her to just try a food but, she just tells you she does not like that, even though she has never even tried it.
I am not joking when I say this is all she eats. She is not a nervous child, she weighs 46 pounds and she is as active as everyone else in her class. She runs and plays and laughs and is super smart with a good memory. Her grades in kindergarden are all A's and B's. Even still, we are very concerned about her as no-body is able to get her to try anything new. She is afraid because she only eats those things and she does not want people to know about it, she says it embarrasses her. She says she will eat real food when she is older.

Answer
If she is active and playful you need not worry. There are many unanswered questions in medical  practice. Forcing her to eat something may be counterproductive. As she herself is saying that she will eat other things when she grows older you can wait and watch. Encourage her to  pray regularly. Medicines cannot solve all problems.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri