Hello my son is 2 years old he is having wheezing from last 2 days  I m giving nebulizer with salbutamol 2.5 mg respule three times daily thanks giving levolin syrup but still he is having wheezing what can I do next ? What is the interval to 1 nebulizer to another?

Hi, priya,

Levolin is a bronchodilator syrup we generally don't use in the USA, for it is considered not safe and not very effective.

The nebulized med can be given every three to 4 hours.  If your son has asthma and is not responding to this, needs to be seen for consideration of a steroid medicine to relieve the inflammation of asthma.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.