Pediatrics/hello

Question
Hello my son is 2 years old he is having wheezing from last 2 days  I m giving nebulizer with salbutamol 2.5 mg respule three times daily thanks giving levolin syrup but still he is having wheezing what can I do next ? What is the interval to 1 nebulizer to another?

Answer
Hi, priya,

Levolin is a bronchodilator syrup we generally don't use in the USA, for it is considered not safe and not very effective.

The nebulized med can be given every three to 4 hours.  If your son has asthma and is not responding to this, needs to be seen for consideration of a steroid medicine to relieve the inflammation of asthma.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD