Are there common raisin allergies or digestive issues? I know you handle pediatric issues but I am 35 and feel sharp pain in the middle of my chest for a couple hours after eating a box of raisins but nothing else.

Hi, James,

Raisins are usually pretty benign, but if you were a kid and described these symptoms, I would simply tell you to avoid raisins.  It would be interesting to know if you have this same response to grapes, for I'm sure most raisins have some chemicals/preservatives.  I might be wrong on this.  Just don't eat them and you should be fine.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.