Pediatrics/Vaccination Information

Question

My baby is two month old and got his 2nd vaccination (Pentavalent)from Delhi, now he is visiting to his Maternal place, and this vaccine is no available there. My question is if I can buy them Vaccination which one should I prefer to buy and what is the difference and effects. Is it Pentavac or Pentaxim which one is better. Please suggest

Answer
Hi, Gurpreet,

The vaccines are essentially the same.  I don't know of data that one is better than another.  If I was buying one, I would buy the same one that he had at the first visit to be consistent.  Kind of a weird question to me, for in the USA, buying a vaccine to use to take to the doctors office to administer is not done.

Good luck, Dr. Olson  

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD