Pediatrics/vaccination

Question
Hello doctor,
         We have started pcv immunization to my son last month.the first dosage is given in singapore.  By the next immumization's date we will be in india. The medicine given was "prevenar13".
Is it ok if the next dosage is given in india. Please let me know. Thank you doctor.

Answer
Dear friend,

Yes, you may give the next dose in India, as it is the same vaccine that is available in India ... but please do ask the doctor to specifically give PCV 13, as some doctors may still be using the earlier PCV 9 version of the vaccine.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala