Pediatrics/blood in stool

My 3 year old has server constipation and today i saw flecks of blood in her stoool. She give me trouble to eat and its worries me.

Hi, Emily,

Generally constipation can be treated easily by the daily use, for a couple months, of a couple oz of prune juice.  Do it daily, just like a medicine.  A brand called PlumSmart is a bit more expensive, but more fiber and may taste better to some kids.

Good luck, D.r Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.