Pediatrics/Changing vaccination brand

Hi Doctor,

I have my 10 weeks old kid. I have taken him to vaccination twice in addition the vaccinations provided at birth (BCG, OPV0, HepB1).

All three times the doctors were different (since we stayed in different places) and the brands which they administered also different, please find the details below

1st set during 6 weeks had Pentavac PFS, poliovac PFS and Rotarix.
2nd set during 10 weeks had Quadrovax, Imovax PFS and Rotateq.

Note: I dont have details of the brands administered at birth

Could you please advise

1) Whether there would be any problem in changing to different brands during 6th and 10 weeks dosage
2) I am planning to go to different doctor for third set during 14 weeks, as i am not comfortable with last visited doctor. This will also result in different combinations. Can you please advise whether there is any problem with this.

Dear Mr. B,

You have 2 options . You can either tell those brand names to the doctor you plan to visit and ask him or her to arrange for the dame brands. Or touch may take his permission and purchase those brands from a vaccine supplier and take them in ice to your peds Dr and request him/her to give them to your offspring.

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.