Pediatrics/Cold, Cough and fever to my child

Question
Dear DR, my one year two month baby suddenly got cough, cold from yesterday and now fever is also started. I am having the P125 drops but i dont know the dosage. can you please suggest me a medicine?

Answer
Dear Stalin,

Infants get attacks of cough and cold with fever almost 6-8 times a year, and usually do not need any other medicine ... except saline nose drops to open up the nose, and paracetamol for fever (if present, and if more than 37.8 degree C).

The dose of paracetamol syrup would be about 5 ml of a product having 120-125 mg/5 ml; the drops contain 125 mg/1ml, so 1 ml would be enough ... and you may use them up to 3 times in 24 hours (day + night).

Hope this answers your query.

Please do not use antibiotics or cough syrups without consulting a physician in person with the child.

Dr. Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala