Pediatrics/Potty training my son

I am working with my 3 year old son on peeing in the toilet and need some advice on helping him to "have good aim". I want to introduce him to stand up peeing without having a big mess. Any good ideas?

Hi, Jason,

With my son and grandson, we put in tiny pieces of toilet paper and used them for floating targets.  This seemed to work well.  Remember that we are all inherently men and aiming is not our forte.  We all splash a bit.  Pee "sword fights" with the battling streams are also fun.

Good luck, D.r Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.