Pediatrics/baby throwing up

I'm concerned about my two months old son constantly throwing up after being fed. He throws up breast milk, gentle formula,spit up formula. He has gained weight but this is something that he does after each feeding. Could this be  something that needs to be checked out further by his doctor.

Hi, Deborah,

We divide the throwing up baby world into the happy and unhappy spitters.  If he is happy, gaining weight and just throws up, less worry.  The fact he throws up breast milk means he will throw up anything.  This is a mechanical issue that should get better by 4 months or so. If he is an unhappy spitter, gets fussy and crabby after throwing up, then see your doctor re the possibility of acid reflux.  Happy spitting is more of a nuisance than a real disease.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.