Pediatrics/baby zantac for acid reflux

what dosage should a 7 week old baby be getting of baby zantac, if the baby weighs 7.1 pounds?

Hi, Laura,

The recommended doses, in most literature, would be aroune 2mg/kg/day.  3 kg babies would therefore get about 6mg total, with this generally given twice a day.

Practically most of us dose at 5-10mg/kg/day, or 15 to 30 mg for a total daily dose. This usually produces better results than what is recommended by the manufacturer and is safe.

Good luck, Dr. Olson  

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.