Pediatrics/Cold for baby

My baby, born on June 2nd 2015 has cold. Got infected from me. Doctor said she has cold in lungs and prescribed the following medicines:

P-125 (4 times a day for 2 days)
Jaldos (3 times a day for 3 days)
Kufril ( 2 times a day for 3 days)
Taximm-o (as I travelled from long distance to see that doctor, she prescribed taxim-o).

Shall i give the above medicines for 43 days old baby?

It looks like one medicine too many. Only use saline nasal drops for relieving her nose block and paracetamol for SOS (i.e. as required) basis. Antibiotics and herbal medicines are not needed. I do not know what is jaldos and what is kufril. Taxim O is definitely not needed. It is the wrong choice for an antibiotic for sore throats.

Dr. Taher

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.