Pediatrics/queries about heal swelling

Question
heel
heel  
Hello Doctor,
My nephew is 1 n 1/2 years old.He has developed swelling on his left heel.It is recurrent.It get relieved automatically and after few days again it occurs.he has intermittent episodes of fever.Left heel has raised temperature at the time of swelling.It becomes very tender that the child faces difficulty while walking.I will attach a photo of his heals.Please give your valuable suggestion.

Answer
Hi, nupor,

Please see your doctor.  Intermittant episodes of fever, with swelling of a body part, are concerning regarding the possibility of some autoimmune disease, like juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Your son needs to be seen by a good pediatrician.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD