Pediatrics/queries about heal swelling

Hello Doctor,
My nephew is 1 n 1/2 years old.He has developed swelling on his left heel.It is recurrent.It get relieved automatically and after few days again it occurs.he has intermittent episodes of fever.Left heel has raised temperature at the time of swelling.It becomes very tender that the child faces difficulty while walking.I will attach a photo of his heals.Please give your valuable suggestion.

Hi, nupor,

Please see your doctor.  Intermittant episodes of fever, with swelling of a body part, are concerning regarding the possibility of some autoimmune disease, like juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Your son needs to be seen by a good pediatrician.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.