Pediatrics/baby health

Question
Hi doc can i give boiled diluted cow milk to my 3mnth old bsby??actually i an giving her cow milk frim 15 dats n she is doing fine...she is not drinking breast milk because of no supply...n i cant afford formula milk plz suggest me something...i am really worried about her hwalth my family doc said that you can give her cow milk it is safe.. n plz also tell me that can i add formula milk to cow milk in ordrr to add essential vitamins in it??

Answer
Hi, maliha,

Not really recommended for two reasons.  The first being that she can have bleeding from her bowels due to the early introduction of cow's milk and second she risks not getting an adequate amount of calories with the dilute milk. See what possibilities would work for you in terms of someone else carrying some of the financial burden for formula.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD