Pediatrics/Leg bumps

Question
Leg bumps
Leg bumps  
My daughter is 3 months old and she has a cluster of bumps on her knees and thighs. I went to the pediatrician and he said they aren't warts so that's good and he didn't even tell me how she got it or what it is. I know for sure the red rashes on her arms are eczema. What are the ones on her legs? Is it from laying her on tummy to sleep? Will it go away soon?

Answer
Hi, Thao,

Most non-specific rashes like this we only can make educated guesses about.  Most of them will go away. Most of them are not serious. Kids with some eczema have sensitive skin in general, so it is pretty common to see bumps like this.  I don't know what they are.

Please, do not have her sleep on her stomach.  This is a clear risk factor for sudden infant death.  Put her on her back to sleep.  If she rolls over, that is fine, but start her on her back.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD