Pediatrics/needing some advice

Hello I am a mother of two toddlers and I am having so much trouble on getting them off sippy cups when taking a nap and at bedtime. I've researched it and tried everything. But all they do is scream and refuse to sleep until a cup of milk is given to them

Hi, cathleena,

What is inherently wrong with sippie cups?  Unless one falls asleep with it in the mouth, it really is a personal preference thing.  I would reserve it for naps and use cups the rest of the time.  If this isn't what you think about it, I would be curious why.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.