Pediatrics/needing some advice

Question
Hello I am a mother of two toddlers and I am having so much trouble on getting them off sippy cups when taking a nap and at bedtime. I've researched it and tried everything. But all they do is scream and refuse to sleep until a cup of milk is given to them

Answer
Hi, cathleena,

What is inherently wrong with sippie cups?  Unless one falls asleep with it in the mouth, it really is a personal preference thing.  I would reserve it for naps and use cups the rest of the time.  If this isn't what you think about it, I would be curious why.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD