Pediatrics/query on immunisation

Question
Sir, my baby was born on 30 April 2015.synflorix, rotateq and biohib was given on 1st August as 1 st dose.so,2nd dose yet to give on 1st September.my doubt here is that due dose of DPT,HEPATITIS B,ORALPOLIO is also same day on 1st September.all these injections n 2 oral medicines harm the baby.can it be given at both arms, both thighs.please reply to my queries. Thanks.

Answer
Dear Regina,

Indeed there would be no problem. However, why don't you ask your doctor to give combination vaccines - there is a penta combination which has DPT, Hep B and Hib. This will be one injection. The OPV and Rotateq will go orally. The second shot will be Injectable Polio vaccine. The third shot will be Synflorix.

Dr.Taher

Pediatrics

Dr. Taher Kagalwala