My Daughter is 16 months old I Just Noticed this rash Like subject on Her Lower Back Leg. It's reddish and flat Feels A Little Bumpy and it kinda bothered Her to scratch it. And she has also been having watery diarrhea and not very much of a appetite. Please help me , thank you

Dear Lauren,

The single red mark can be anything from one due to pressure, due to contact with an object which her skin may have been allergic to, a fungal infection, or an inflammation. It will need to be seen by a doctor. If it itches a lot, you may apply Caladryl­® lotion to it or/and give her loratadine syrup for it. For the poor appetite, you would need to reduce her dependence on a feeding bottle and give her 4-5 small, healthy-option meals with a lot of variety. For the watery diarrhoea, just give her plenty of fluids with salt and sugar added to it (such as Peditral®) to prevent dehydration. This is most likely due to a virus.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Taher

Dr. Taher Kagalwala

I come from India, and have been practising since 29 years. I am specially interested in infections, asthma, newborn care and parenting. I have authored a book on Parenting.It is called "Child Care: From Birth to Eighteen". The e-book is now available on
and on and all local versions, including I have my professional site at Blogger. Here, you can read good advice and also seek a professional online consultation for a small fee. Do check out

Qualified Pediatrician practising since 29 years.
Currently working in the United Kingdom. You may reach me on my cell number +447440622670 or email me on only if I have not responded to your query here in a reasonable time. If you directly call me or email me, I might not be able to respond. Thank you for understanding. Please do not Whatsapp me.

Indian Academy of Pediatrics, life member. Mumbai Branch of the I.A.P., life member. Genetics Chapter of the I.A.P.

Indian Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Toxicology Abstracts.

M.D., M.R.C.P.C.H. (U.K.), Ph. D. (U.S.A.) D.C.H.

Gold Medallist in D.C.H., April, 1985
Highest aggregate marks in University of Mumbai, for M.D. ( Pediatrics ), October 1986.
Passed out with distinction from the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, U.K. in 2015.

1. Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (K.E.M. Hospital) 2. Private consulting practice. Worked as the Asst. Paediatrician and DNB Teacher at Masina Hospital. Also visiting Saifee Hospital, Mumbai. 3. Ministry of Health in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a Specialist Paediatrician. 4. Now with the NHS, UK as a Specialist Paediatric Registrar at Blackpool, Lancashire, UK.